Vision, Mission & Commitments
To be the partner of choice, developing intelligent Supply Chain solutions and delivering the highest level of Service, Quality, and Efficiency.
Grow by being the Best in Service, Quality, and Efficiency.
We are committed to be the leading Logistic Solution Provider to our Customers. We intend to achieve this by implementing a Quality Management System and Continually Improving it based on the following principles:
- People are our key resources.
- Our creativity and commitment to exceed customers' needs and expectations, ensure our future. We are empowered and held accountable for meeting the needs of our customers.
- We understand and define our customer’s current requirements and strive to anticipate their future needs. We view our business as a value-adding system.
- We will at all times conform to the requirements of the relevant Statutory / Regulatory Authorities and Professional Associations.
- Know and Exceed our Clients expectations
- Grow through creating Resources and Innovative Solutions
- Encouraging Proactive behaviour
- Exceed Stakeholders expectations
- Our Customers come First
- We work as one Team
- We act with Integrity and Honesty
- Everyone Contributes, Everyone is Respected
- We get Results
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH, SAFETY, AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Al-Futtaim Logistics is a leading third-party logistics service provider in this region and shall foster an atmosphere that focuses on prevention of incidents and protection of the environment. One of our top organisational goals is the safety, health and wellbeing of employees, contractors, customers and the public. We will never compromise on safety, and our jobs should always be performed in a safe manner.
In order to achieve this, we commit:
- To provide and implement formal Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems in compliance with international standards and best practices, which shall lead to accreditation to ISO 45001:2018 (Occupation Health and Safety Management System) and ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management System) standards.
- To identify potential Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental risks within Al-Futtaim Logistics by conducting activity-based risk assessments and taking appropriate control measures to reduce the risk to acceptable level.
- Hierarchy level of controls like elimination, substitution, engineering, and administrative control measures adopted to control the risks to acceptable level.
- To provide suitable and sufficient Occupational Health and Safety training and awareness programmes for Al-Futtaim Logistics employees, enabling them to carry out their jobs safely within Al-Futtaim Logistics’ premises and/or any area where Al-Futtaim Logistics services are provided and where Al-Futtaim Logistics employees are involved.
- Developing an integrated and comprehensive management plan for emergency and crisis situations, with internal and external stakeholders.
- To carry out all our activities in an environmentally sustainable way to avoid or reduce environmental impact to acceptable levels.
- To prevent/reduce accidents, injuries and ill health by implementing Occupational Health and Safety management systems and proactive safety precautions.
- To ensure all Occupational Health and Safety accidents and incidents are reported and investigated, to identify the root cause and to implement measures to prevent similar recurrences in the future.
- To implement appropriate techniques to monitor the Occupational Health and Safety performance of our Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- To incentivize and encourage staff to promote positive Occupational Health and Safety culture.
- To ensure that all contractors, suppliers, and partners working with us meet or exceed Al-Futtaim Logistics’ Occupational Health and Safety expectations.
- To ensure compliance with legal regulations/other requirements, by working proactively with local authorities.
- To creating a safe and healthy working environment; it is mandatory for Al-Futtaim Logistics employees to take ownership within their respective departments to implement the Occupational Health and Safety policy and Management systems.
- To continually improve the Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Management Systems and Performance.
- To consult and ensure employees and/or their representatives’ participation on the discussion on matters affecting their health and safety within their area of work.
- To ensure that this policy is disseminated, understood, and implemented by all stakeholders.
FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT POLICY
The top management of Al-Futtaim Logistics acknowledges the importance of food safety throughout the food supply chain where Al-Futtaim Logistics performs food storage, handling, and distribution.
To ensure best practices, all associates have the collective responsibility for food safety and have a moral obligation to safeguard each other, the food products, our customers, and the consumers. These are based on statutory and regulatory requirements, international standards requirements, and industry best practices.
In order to achieve this goal, we commit to:
- Conform and exceed both statutory and legal obligations and with mutually agreed food safety requirements
- of customer.
- Perform regular identification of hazards, evaluate food safety risks, determination of critical control points and timely implementation of effective control and monitoring measures.
- Define the food safety objectives and continually review to ensure consistent compliance.
- Ensures that both internal and external communications regarding food safety are adequately addressed to all associates, customers and stakeholders that have an impact on, or are affected by the Al-Futtaim Logistics’ Food Safety Management system.
- Set standards, monitor, and audit compliance with the standards and where appropriate measure improvement and evaluate performance.
- Provide the food safety team and all associates responsible for the operation of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) Plan, with information and adequate training necessary to enable them to perform their tasks in the most hygienic manner.
- Communicate, implement, and maintain this policy at all levels of the company.
- Periodically review the food safety policy, standards, and procedures for continued suitability and to effectively manage food safety risks associated with changes in products, processes, and technologies.
- Continually improve the Food Safety Management System and Performance
SUPPLY CHAIN SECURITY POLICY
Al-Futtaim Logistics is committed to protecting its employees, business partners, properties, information, and customer’s assets from potential threats in the supply chain.
Guided by Al-Futtaim’s core values, code of conduct, business ethics and supply chain security standards, Al-Futtaim Logistics will develop a culture, which is focuses on the importance of security.
Al-Futtaim Logistics believes that excellence in Supply Chain Security Management is essential to the well-being of all relevant interested parties. In order to achieve this, Al-Futtaim Logistics will:
- Provide and maintain a working environment that is safe and free from the danger of crime for all people who may be affected by its activities, including all relevant interested parties
- Ensure that all (owned/subcontract/leased) facilities, offices, warehouses, and fleet are protected and secured by implementing all the appropriate security measures and procedures
- Prevent loss or damage to Al-Futtaim Logistics’ and customers’ assets or properties as a result of crime, malicious acts, loss or damage.
- Ensure all associates and contractors are always aware of, and take responsibility for, the security aspects of Al-Futtaim Logistics’ business activities
- Develop and maintain standards of performance that meet or exceed industry standards and legal and regulatory requirements, and provide the training necessary for all associates and subcontractors to understand and have the necessary skills and knowledge to meet these standards
- Identify security risks and establish appropriate programmes and procedures to reduce all risk to an acceptable level
- Maintain regular monitoring of security performance to ensure improvement in operating practices
- Develop and maintain security and emergency response plans appropriate for our operations and test their effectiveness on a regular basis
- Ensure that Group EIT Policies are implemented and communicated, and understood within the organisation and all relevant interested parties
- Ensure that the Supply Chain Security Policy is acknowledged by the management team, and is communicated and understood within the organisation, including subcontractors and visitors
- Review this Supply Chain Security Policy and if necessary, revise and update annually with a view to communicating to all relevant interested parties, with copies to be made available