Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Al-Futtaim Logistics' response to COVID-19 situation?
We are committed to the health and safety of our associates, customers, partners and their families, hence we are monitoring and strictly adhering to the health and safety directives implemented by the UAE Ministry of Health & Prevention (MoHAP) and the Dubai Health Authority (DHA).
We encourage our employees and customers to refer to official sources to obtain information on the situation and abide by the guidelines set by the UAE health authorities in their effort to contain the outbreak.
2. What preventative measures and risk mitigation plans has Al-Futtaim Logistics considered to ensure the wellbeing of its stakeholders?
We have taken all the necessary measures to protect all internal and external stakeholders against contamination.
- Established a Rapid Response Team to ensure co-ordinated, regular and proactive response protocols across the organization.
- Frequent disinfection program for all our facilities and vehicles using cleaning and PPE products that are approved by authorities.
- Hygiene and deep cleaning trainings for our housekeeping teams.
- Prevention awareness campaigns for our drivers, security personnel, operations team and frontline associates.
- Continuous health monitoring for all associates at the office, warehouses, and accommodations.
- Full compliance with government directives on social distancing during vital operations and restrictions to number passenger per vehicle for our associates.
- Providing digital tools for associates to continue serving customers and partners from remote locations and adhering to the social distancing and working from home precautionary measures set by authorities.
- Drive through COVID-19 checkup facilitation for all associates by the Al-Futtaim Healthhub.
3. How is Al-Futtaim Logistics continuing to deliver on the customer expectations given the impact on airfreight and sea freight capacities?
Al-Futtaim Logistics is closely monitoring the port of entry decision as the situation unfolds. We are partnering with our customers and local trade bodies to ensure the best possible outcomes. As the situation arises, we adapt and provide customers regular updates on how to handle these exceptions.
In this unprecedented time, customer specific alternative solutions are extended by remaining flexible with our operational solutions and open to creative solutions.
Customers can reach out to our Key Account Managers who are always available to find solutions to the supply chain disruptions.
4. Are you closing sites, warehouses, deliveries and/or offices?
Our offices, warehouses and deliveries will continue to operate and support customers while adhering to the directives and recommendations of the local authorities. We will advise customers of any impact these regulations might have on the end to end supply chain and logistics.
5. How can I reach your frontline customer operations contact?
- For Customer Support please contact your Key Account Manager for escalated issues.
- To request a quotation, book a truck or freight, please follow the instructions on our website.
- For any further enquiries please address directly to the Rapid Response Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about COVID-19, we encourage you to refer to official sources such as: The Ministry of Health and Prevention’s FAQ MOHAP